Creamy Mushroom Pasta

0 comments



This is one of the dishes that I attempted when I first started trying my hands on cooking. The recipe came from Wokking Mum (http://wokkingmum.blogspot.com/) and I have to admit that it is indeed idiot-proof - minimal skills required and the dish will never taste horrible. Most importantly everyone in the family loves it.

I can’t quite remember how many times I have cooked this but it will always show up in the menu if I am feeling lazy, tired and or when I don’t have much time to waste in the kitchen for whatever reason. The unfortunate part is that this dish must be consumed within the same day and do not keep well… or else the cream sauce will turn into a pool of oil slick whether you warm it up using the microwave oven or over the stove.

To make the meal a little more "rounded", I will usually add in some shredded ham. Loads of freshly grounded black pepper gives this pasta dish that added kick!


Ingredients:

  • 2 palm-sized portobello mushroom, diced 
  • 8 brown cap button mushroom, sliced 
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic 
  • 200ml whipping cream 
  • 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese 
  • 1 tablespoon butter or olive Oil 
  • Salt and pepper to taste 
  • Pasta for two, pre-cooked 


Preparation:
  • Heat wok and add olive oil or butter. 
  • Add garlic and saute . 
  • Add portobello mushroom and saute till well-cooked. 
  • Add button mushroom and saute well. 
  • Add in the cream and bring to a simmer. 
  • Add half of the Parmesan cheese, cooked pasta, salt and pepper to taste. 
  • Simmer till sauce thickens. 
  • Dish and top with remaining Parmesan cheese. 


Number of Servings: 2