Chicken Sate

0 comments



I got this recipe through Cathy which belongs to her mum... and like all "mum's recipe" this is a definite keeper.  The chicken turned out really flavourful.

Almost ended up with a botched job today because I attempted to grill the chicken instead of baking it (which is what I usually do).  Somehow I just don't have luck with the oven when it comes to grilling.  The oven's heat distribution is pretty poor and I had parts of it browning too quickly.  Had to switch to convection setting halfway through.  That was a very close call.


Ingredients:

  • 1 kg chicken 
  • 2 tablespoon vegetable oil 
  • 2 tablespoon light soy sauce 
  • 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder 
  • 2 tablespoon tomato sauce 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 small crushed clove of garlic 


Preparation:

  • Mix all ingredients together to coat chicken and leave overnight in fridge. 
  • Either barbecue, grill or bake the chicken. 


Number of Servings: 6