Hor Fun

0 comments

Hor Fun... one of my favourite local delight.  Unfortunately, everyone in the family enjoyed this dish very much except for Matty.  In other words, it will be a long long while before I whip this up again.

The quantity of certain ingredients is a little ambiguous.  I tried comparing between the 2 recipes I found online and it was the case for both.  So it was down to "guess-timation" on my part.  I am therefore unable to jot down clearly how much sauce had gone into it.

If I am can, I would have added pork instead of chicken because some things just taste better with pork but which means my poor maid will not get to taste it.  If I ever attempt this again, there will definitely be squid as one of the ingredient... just to get it as close as possible to the original dish.


Ingredients:

  • 1kg of fresh noodles (kueh teow / hor fun) 
  • 3 chicken thigh (sliced) 
  • Fish cake (sliced) 
  • 10 medium-sized prawn 
  • 1 bunch of spinach 
  • 4 cloves of garlic (diced) 
  • 6 cups of chicken stock 
  • Oyster sauce 
  • Light soy sauce 
  • Dark soy sauce 
  • 2 eggs (lightly beaten) 
  • Cornstarch 


Preparation:

  • Marinate chicken with 1 teaspoon of corn flour and light soy sauce. 
  • Heat up 2 tablespoon of oil and stir-fry noodle with light soy sauce and dark soy sauce until it is warm and slightly browned. Remove and set aside. 
  • Add more oil to the frying pan and stir-fry garlic. 
  • Add chicken to pan and stir-fry for a minute. 
  • Add in chicken stock, 3 tablespoon of oyster sauce and 3 tablespoon of light soy sauce. Bring to boil. 
  • Add in spinach, prawns and fish cake. Allow ingredients to cook. 
  • Check seasoning. 
  • Lower heat and add in cornstarch (4 tablespoon of corn flour mixed with 100ml of water) and bring to boil. 
  • Turn off heat and stir in beaten egg. Gently stir to cook the egg. 
  • Dish gravy over fried noodles. 


Number of Servings: 4