Shrimp Fried Rice 2.0

0 comments

In an attempt to simply things, I made some changes to the Shrimp Fried Rice recipe (or more like I rewrote it).  These were the steps...

  • Marinate shrimps with light soy sauce and cornflour for at least 30 minutes.
  • Heat wok with oil.
  • Stir in garlic and fry till fragrant.
  • Add in diced carrots.
  • When the carrots are partially cook, throw in corn kernels and stir lightly.
  • Add shrimps to wok.
  • As soon as the  shrimps are cooked, remove from wok and set aside.
  • Pour in beaten egg and allow it to set partially.
  • Add it pre-cooked overnight rice and chopped spring onions.
  • Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
  • Season with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce (optional) and sesame oil.
  • Return shrimps to wok and give it a final stir to mix well.

Although the shrimps didn't have the pan-fried taste to it, it tasted just as good.  I think I will stick to this recipe from now on. Ok... I admit that I am just lazy!