Spaghetti Alla Gorgonzola

0 comments

When I first set eyes on the tempting photos taken by The Little Teochew, I was so enticed to give this a try. But I should have known better that me being a not so great fan of cheese found the taste of Gorgonzola Dolcelatte too strong to my liking.  I ended up topping the pasta with tons of black pepper and parsley flakes to mask the smell.  Kai Koon took to it better but it was so rich that it left him so full from the lunch that he specifically asked to have something light for dinner.  Can't fault the recipe.  I am sure someone who enjoys cheese will find this an interesting dish.

For the next round (yes I am still brave enough to give it another shot!) I will replace it with a different type of cheese, something milder for this uncouth palate of mine.


Ingredients:

  • 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • 80 gm of Gorgonzola Dolcelatte (roughly chopped)
  • 6 tablespoon of grated Parmesan
  • Butter (about 100 gm)
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • Pasta (pre-cooked according to instructions)

Preparation:

  • Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in and add garlic thereafter.
  • Add in cream and turn off heat once it starts to simmer.
  • Stir in cheese and allow it to melt completely
  • Add in butter. Continue to stir to create a smooth mixture.
  • Toss pasta and sauce together and top with black pepper.

Number of Servings: 4